Posted by Abravanel, the Blog στο 13/01/2008
Agit Prop/агит проп («αγκίτ προπ») derives from the word «agitazia» and «propaganda»; with the first aiming to instigate the heart and the soul of the receiving audience, while propaganda is the political argumentation which addresses his mind.
It’s also the name of a very good –greek language– blog whose authors have a keen interest on the jews of their hometown, Thessaloniki/Salonika. Among their various articles I’ve singled out those of greek jewish interest, (the first three being truly exceptional), although by no means fail to read some of their other stuff, especially if you’re concerned about Human Rights or advocate Open Source software/OS like myself!
- Tombstones Everywhere, dealing with the destroyed jewish cemetery : http://www.agitprop.gr/article/54/tombstones
- Françoise Atlan and sephardic music: http://www.agitprop.gr/article/100/francoise-atlan
- 7 reasons for not being an anti-zionist : http://www.agitprop.gr/article/23/7-logoi
- Holocaust Memory : http://www.agitprop.gr/article/120/shoah-memorial-day-07
- Salonique, ville du silence, on a documentary about the lost community of Thessaloniki, (I’m preparing a small post on this one): http://www.agitprop.gr/article/98/salonique-ville-du-silence
- Holocaust Archives: http://www.agitprop.gr/article/73/shoah-archives-disclosure
I’ve added the site to my Blogroll and warmly salute the authors – ενας πραγματικά εξαιρετικός ιστότοπος. :-)